Click here for written instructions on submitting permit applications through the portal or click here for how-to video guidance.
Show All Answers
You may contact staff at 252-726-6848 x121 or via email or go to the North Carolina Floodplain Mapping System website to determine whether your property is located in a flood zone.
You may contact the Planning & Inspections Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-726-6848 x125 for Permit Portal Access, then create a new account using an access code provided by the Town, verify the new account by clicking a link sent to your email address, and submit payment through the portal. Many permit types with automatically issue upon receipt of payment and users are able to print or save a copy of their permit.
Alternatively, you may pay online or by telephone through Official Payments.
1. Go to www.officialpayments.com
2. Click on “Local Payment”
3. Enter Jurisdiction Code “4391” or Select State “North Carolina” and Collecting Organization “Morehead City, Town of”
4. For Type of Payment, enter “Building & Planning Permits” and click “Make a Payment”
5. Click “Continue”, then click “Accept” to accept the terms of using service
6. Enter credit card information and permit number (permit box is alphanumeric only- no dots or dashes)
7. You will receive a confirmation number
8. Call or email Planning & Inspections to give us the confirmation number at 252-726-6848 x 125 or email@example.com
1. Call Official Payments at 1-888-272-9829
2. Select Option 3 for “Other Payments”
3. Enter jurisdiction code “4391” and press 1 to accept
4. Select Option 4 for Payment Type (Permits)
5. Follow prompts to receive confirmation number and write down number
6. Call or Email Planning & Inspections your confirmation number at 252-726-6848 x 125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. When paying by telephone, a service fee will be applied for each transaction completed.
Staff can receive cash, check, and money order in-person. In order to pay with a credit card, it is necessary to utilize either the telephone or online payment method.
After a plan review is conducted, you may be asked for additional documents or a revision to a previously submitted item. Click here for written instructions on uploading a requested submittal or click here for a how-to guidance video .
Click here for written instructions on using the miscellaneous inspection or Click here for how-to guidance video.
Click here for written instructions or Click here for how-to guidance video.