SmartGov Permit Portal Guidance

How-to Videos

When requesting Electrical Service from Duke Progress Energy:
          1) Submit Electrical Slip (Inspection Results) directly to Duke by emailing
          2) Call 800-361-0581 to request a work order from Duke to visit on site and turn on power

If you have any other questions, please contact us:
Phone - (252) 726- 6848 ext. 125
Email -

Downloadable Instructions

How to Find your Electrical Slip

when and How to request a Miscellaneous Inspection

How to upload and reupload Submittals

How to submit a Building permit

How to find permit deficiencies through the portal

when to use an access code and how to login