- Information & Resources
- Computer Courses
Why Computer Courses
The digital age has significantly impacted the world. More than ever the average person has access to vast stores of information and is connected in ways that we previously had never considered. Computers, mobile phones, and smart devices have become indispensable tools for accessing information and entertainment and connecting with other people. However, due to the rapid developments in digital technology over the past few decades many people still struggle with using technology to its fullest extent.
We are intent on providing our patrons with access to valuable resources that facilitate learning to use technology properly and safely. This page contains links to online courses designed to help our patrons who are less technologically savvy learn and understand the basics of computer use and internet safety.
Types of Courses
Beginner Computer Courses
- Why Use a Computer? – Reasons why you should take the time to learn how to properly use a computer.
- Getting Started on a Computer – What a computer is and how to get started using a keyboard and mouse.
- Using a PC with Windows 10 – Learn the basics of using a computer installed with the Windows 10 operating system.
- Navigating a Website – Learn how to navigate a typical webpage.
- Introduction to Email (Part 1) – Learn how to use a typical email client.
- Introduction to Email (Part 2) – Learn more about using your email account.
- Search Engines – Learn how to use search engines and find information online.
- Using a PC with Windows 7 – Learn how to use a computer installed with the Windows 7 operating system.
- Using a MAC – Learn to use a Macintosh (Apple) computer installed with OS X.
- Accounts and Passwords – Learn how to use online accounts and create safe passwords.
- Online Scams – Learn how to protect yourself from online scams.
- Internet Privacy – This course will help you understand information privacy on the internet.
- Creating Resumes – This course will teach you about writing a resume in Microsoft Word.
- Online Job Searching – Learn how to search for a job online.
- Online Job Applications – Learn how to apply for a job online.
- Microsoft Word – Learn the basics of using Microsoft Word.
- Cloud Storage – Learn about cloud storage and why it’s useful.
- Microsoft Excel – Learn to create a budget using Microsoft Excel.
- Online Health Information – Learn how to find useful and reliable health information online.
Connecting with Others
- Introduction to Skype – Learn how to use the video calling service Skype.
- Introduction to Facebook – Learn the basics of using Facebook.
- Using an Android Mobile Device – Learn to use a mobile device using the Android operating system.
- Buying a Plane Ticket – Learn to buy an airline ticket online.