Rules & Guidelines
Failure to Comply
Patrons are required to abide by these rules of conduct as established by the Town of Morehead City and the library staff.
Failure to comply with the Library's established rules and regulations may result in expulsion for the day, permanently, or in arrest. Persons refusing to leave when asked are subject to arrest under the North Carolina trespass laws (NCGS 14-159.12 and 14-159.13)
- Engage in activities associated with the use of a public library.
- The library is expected to be a quiet area. Patrons not reading, studying, or using library materials may be required to leave the building.
Patrons shall not:
- Harass or annoy others through noisy or boisterous activities or in any other way.
- Consume food or beverages, smoke, or use tobacco or tobacco products within the building.
- Carry or brandish weapons on the library premises.
- Use the library phones.
- Play audio/visual equipment or operate computers or use personal phones so that others can hear it.
- Use furniture in an inappropriate manner [ to be determined by staff].
- Be under the influence of alcohol or drugs on the library premises.
- Enter the building without a shirt and shoes.
- Engage in selling, soliciting, or loitering.
- Engage in any illegal activity or conduct in violation of Federal, State, or Local law, ordinance or regulation while on library premises.
- Leave children under 8 years of age unattended by a responsible adult on library premises.
- Interfere with employees' performance of their duties.
- Use obscene, profane, suggestive, or abusive language or behavior.
- Steal, deface, or mar library property.