Join a Board

Individuals interested in serving on the Morehead City Planning Board or Board of Adjustment as an in-City member are required to complete a Citizen Participation Application. Applications may be obtained from City Clerk Cathy Campbell at 252-726-6848, ext. 139, or by filling out the above application and emailing it to

For extra-territorial jurisdiction seats, a Carteret County application is required and a City application is encouraged. This is because extra-territorial members are appointed by the County Commissioners. Historically, the City Council made recommendations to the Carteret County Commissioners for ETJ appointments. The contact for that application is County Clerk at 252-728-8450, ext. 8002.