Morehead City Utility Payment Plan
Town of Morehead City
Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 124
Amended for Executive Order 142
- The Governor’s Executive Order 124 (EO 124) and subsequently Executive Order 142 (EO 142) requires the suspension of late fees and disconnection of utility service from March 31, 2020 through July 29, 2020.
- EO 124/EO142 does not extinguish or waive account balances. If you had an unpaid account balance as of March 31, 2020 and/or charges incurred on July 31, 2020 you will need to pay toward that balance by August 14, 2020 to avoid disconnection. After July 29, 2020, service may be disrupted for failure to pay unpaid balances accrued prior to March 31, 2020.
- EO 124 & EO 142 expired at 11:59 pm on July 29, 2020. Effective July 30, 2020, the Town of Morehead City will resume normal disconnection and late fee policies relating to charges before March 31, 2020 and after July 29, 2020. The customer will have until February 14, 2021 to pay any delinquencies incurred from March 31, 2020 through July 29, 2020 if on the payment plan.
- The Town of Morehead City will receive fully executed payment plans from July 30, 2020 through August 28, 2020. No payment plans will be accepted after August 28, 2020. The customer will not incur any late penalties for nonpayment from March 31, 2020 through July 29, 2020; HOWEVER, upon termination of EO 124 & EO 142, services may be disconnected if the customer fails to execute a payment arrangement and make the minimum payment amounts due under the agreement or if the customer fails to pay the FULL amounts owed for services billed after July 29, 2020 or prior to March 31, 2020.
- As part of EO 124 & EO 142 the Town of Morehead City is offering the following payment plan to all customers:
- To participate in the plan the customer agrees to pay a minimum of 10% of the account balance by September 14, 2020. If unable to meet this requirement, please contact Laureen Jones at 252-726-6848 ext. 130.
- The customer acknowledges that the plan does not extinguish or waive the account balance and the customer remains legally responsible to pay the account balance in full.
- Future charges incurred after July 29, 2020 that are not paid on time (the 14th of every month) and/or the minimum payment plan amounts are not paid on time will be assessed late fees and be subject to disconnection of service.
- You may sign up to participate in the payment plan by filling out the form and dropped off at City Hall or it can be put it in the drop box in the front of City Hall or mailed to Town of Morehead City Attn: Shirl Meadows, 706 Arendell St., Morehead City, NC 28557. On July 30, 2020 the payment plan form can be downloaded here: Utility Payment Plan Agreement Application