"Honoring Those Who Have Served for Our Freedom"
The Memorial for all Veterans of Morehead city is a not-for-profit organization that was born out of the acknowledged need for a dignified recognition of the service and sacrifices made by men and women of Morehead City while serving in the uniformed services of this great nation.
The memorial was dedicated to the public on November 11, 2003. It is located on North 19th Street in the Bay View East Cemetery.
This organization of concerned and dedicated citizens worked throughout our community with leaders in government and business to bring to life this representative work of art.
- Memorial Day | North 19th Street
- Veteran's Day | Bay View Cemetery
Submitting a Name for the Memorial
To have a name submitted for the Veteran's Memorial you will need to do the following:
- The term "veteran" shall mean a person who has served in the active military, and who was discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable. For this memorial, Merchant Marines from December 7, 1941 to August 15, 1945 shall be eligible.
- A veteran, having met the conditions listed in item I as outlined above, who was a resident of Morehead City, with supporting documentation, shall be eligible for having his/her name listed on the memorial. Proper documentation shall consist of discharge papers and proof of residency in Morehead City. Proof of residency may include cancelled checks for city taxes, utility payments, addressed envelopes, or a statement from two acquaintances affirming residency.
- A deceased veteran considered eligible shall be listed on the memorial upon receipt of the published fee. Veteran's names may also be added on a pre-need basis once the fee is paid. It shall be the responsibility of family members, friends, funeral homes, etc. to notify the Town of Morehead City as to the passing of a veteran that is on our pre-need list.
- The current cost for a name to be listed on the memorial is $385.
- Fees are adjusted as needed and subject to change without notice.
- Names will be engraved once annually, last Monday of August to submit name. If volumes support additional engravings, then schedules may be adjusted.
- Donations may be made in memory and/or in honor of a listed veteran.
- Donations may also be made for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the Memorial.
- Checks made payable to the Town of Morehead City in person at City Hall located at:
1100 Bridges Street
Morehead City, NC
- Please fill out Veterans name form (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD) and submit with payment.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 252-726-6848 ext. 132 or 118.