Philosophy: The league will offer an exciting tennis experience with an emphasis on fun, skill development, tactics and competition. Concentration will be placed on establishing basic skills such as forehand, backhand, net play and building upon these skills through staff demonstration and instruction. The league will emphasize technique tactics in an intense training environment. The camp will be divided by age so the content of the league as well as the intensity will be structured to meet the varying needs of the different participants. All participants should wear comfortable clothing for tennis, tennis racquet (if possible) and a water bottle.
League Staff: Garrett Carpenter and assistants
When: April 8th – April 30th (Thursdays and Fridays)
Where: Shevans Park Tennis Courts (1501 Evans St.)
Ages: 9 – 14 Time: 4:00pm – 5:30pm Cost: $25.00
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021
Please make checks payable to: Morehead City Parks and Recreation Department
Send to: 706 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557
- Sponsored by – Carteret County Parks Recreation Department, Atlantic Beach Parks and Recreation Department & Morehead City Parks & Recreation Department
- Registration begins March 1st and runs through April 2nd
- Registration will be taken for the following divisions: Youth ages 10-12 (Player age as of April 1st)
- Registration fees are $25.00
- There will be practice the week of 4/12/21
- All nights are game nights after April 16th
- All games will be held at the Atlantic Beach Circle sand volleyball courts
- Volunteer coaches are needed
- Registration for Morehead City will be taken online at www.moreheadcitync.org.
Broad Creek, Newport, Beaufort, Down East
AnMarie Ivester at 252-808-3301 or AnMarie.Ivester@carteretcountync.gov
Morehead City Parks and Recreation is partnering up with Carteret County Parks and Recreation Department to offer a 3 on 3 spring basketball tournament for youth. The Tournament will be divided into age groups as follows: 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14. The locations will be Rotary Park and Fort Benjamin. Registration will take place from March 1-31st. The tournaments will take place:
April 9th: 9-10 year olds
April 16th: 11-12 year olds
April 23rd: 13-14 year olds
Open Play Pickleball
Beginning in January 2021, we will begin offering pickleball in our gymnasium on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00-11:00am as well as Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-7:30pm. There is a max of 12 total in the gymnasium. Please call 252-726-5083 ext. 1 with questions.
Open Play Basketball
Beginning January 2021 Morehead City Parks and Recreation Department will begin offering Open-Play Basketball on Monday and Fridays from 5:30-7:30pm. All participants must purchase a day pass or annual pass. Click here for more information.